Thursday, October 15, 2009

Resistance is Futile!

Morning all - sunny -just above freezing.

This is something that I deal with on a continual basis. Pain, from the mechanical movement. Arthritis too,so I have to move in order to keep pain at bay. These are some of my daily acute pain issues. It is these that sets up the chronic as a side "PAIN" show to my life. It is neither good or bad, it is there. I try not to buy into it.

A little math play.
Area of a rectangle is height X length. If you make the length of the rectangle, twice as long, you double the area, but you still have the same height. 2A= H X 2L

Take this further A = H X infinite L = infinity.

Here is the thing - and this is not my original thought!

Pain is length - it can go on, like 2 X L or infinite, for days, weeks or 25 years or a lifetime.

Height = to the variable known as my resistance or acceptance. If my Acceptance is high, H is a low number. If Acceptance is low - Height can be a great number.

Suffering = Resistance[conversely Acceptance] X Pain

The Math marvel of this is - as I reduce my resistance to pain, no matter how long or "BIG" the pain is, the suffering can be reduced to zero.

Suffering = small number X Pain

Area = small number [height] x pain

I can reduce my suffering to zero, by reducing my fight against the pain or in turn, putting my full attention on it and watching it during a high cycle. Normally for me, my pain has waves, these changes are not noticed, until my full focus goes to the pain and I look at it, and not allow it to slap me, with out my going to find it and find out what it wants. If I ignore it, it gets louder, like a truant child. As I pay fuller and more direct attention, the message that the pain has for me, becomes clearer and I can make decisions about what I want to do with the "PAIN" and with my body, to reduce it somewhat.

1 comment:

  1. Medications such as Oxycodone, Lortab, Vicodin, Norco, are special for all kinds of pain because opioids are constantly calming the pain of the disease Cancer therefore suggested having the proper information, and thus grow among people the importance of providing help for those suffering from this disease.

    ReplyDelete